Sunday, July 27, 2008

About Our Guest Instructor

With Damaris Pyle's specialized mandala work and to make available, to any participant who might desire, inquiries or delvings more deep, I knew she'd be a perfect "Guest Instructor". She compliments her BS in Counseling Psychology from JFK University, CA, MFT license, with sensitivity, creativity, spirituality and playfulness!

When I asked my friend, Damaris, for a short blurb summarizing her participation in the retreat, she responded with this: "While working in the field of psychotherapy for the past 10 years, my journey has taken me into the healing domain of the imaginal realm. Psychological growth is enhanced when we enter the right brain hemisphere through art, creative writing, music and other symbolic avenues. During our time together I hope to open these channels giving you greater access to your innate creative self."
Damaris and I have been chatting about ways to place the mandalas you create during the retreat into journals. Usually she works in pastels. And as many of you artists know, that medium has some "fall out". We're considering, after applying a fixative, attaching a tissue or wax paper cover sheet into the journals. Or also, there is the potential of working in watercolor colored pencils. Lots of endless possibilities, I'd say.

If any participants have suggestions or requests for WHAT and HOW you'd like to express. Damaris & I are very open to hearing them too.

So it sounds like we will all discover insights and have alot of fun - come on and join us!


No comments:

Post a Comment