Friday, April 3, 2009

One Week to the Day!

As you can tell from my image, I'm madly, exited-ly packing for the Women's Mexico Retreat!!! It's just one week today for when I hop on the plane and head to Club Santiago, in Manzanillo, Mexico. Well, actually I will get to send some time in the beautiful Los Angeles airport with my plane change. But I'm avoiding thinking about that. The time in L.A. will hopefully give me the opportunity to get more Pecos and start the beginning entries in my journal for this amazing trip.

I'm doing my "palette packing" a whole week early because it is the smartest way to travel with wet pigments (tube paints). As you can see in the second shot here, I'm squeezing fresh paint into my palette and allowing it to completely dry before I carry it on the airplane in my carry-on luggage. I'm trusting, as before, that once my pigments are dry and hard they will not be viewed as a possible liquid carry-on. I also am taking partially full tubes of my paints to squeeze out samples for my participants should they want to try different pigments than what they brought. I'm plastic zip-lock bagging each individual tube then, bagging those, all in another plastic zip-lock bag. Yep, double bagging - it's worth it not to have it spill out all over my clothing! So this is time consuming, but worthwhile.

Not only am I honored and blessed to be teaching this terrific group of women but w-a-a-a-a-y-y-y-y thrilled at the synergy that will be magically/mystically be weaving around the six of us. My co-instructor, Damaris, and I have plotted some introductory projects that will provide some beautiful revelations and some sweet openness that opportunities harmony and closeness. I can't wait.

So, if any of you ladies out there are aching for an escape from the prolonged Winter (like the one we're experiencing here in Southern Oregon - it's going to go down to 28 degrees tonight!!!) there is still the opportunity to join us. IF you hurry! Contact me via email or phone (note contacts in sidebar) and I can get you in quickly.

Come join us in the experience of a lifetime - and certainly a unique experience that won't be ever replicated (did I mention the Condo where I'm hosting the Retreat is now SOLD and won't be available for us next year?).

No comments:

Post a Comment