Tuesday, April 28, 2009

April 11 ~ Wild Taxi & Venue Tours

I'd woken to the lovely Mexico full moon and was ready for what the day held in store for me. When I'd learned the condo I so loved, where I would be staying, had been sold to a Canadian couple, I knew I'd best check out other options if I wanted to repeat this retreat in the future. Just last night I'd spoken to Jim (of Jim & Bev Woods, the Real Estate couple who'd helped me secure my participants condo) and he had several potential future venue possibilities for future retreats he wanted to show me. We'd agreed he'd pick me up at 9am. Because of Holy Week the local beaches and an campground were filling up fast. As we drove farther south towards Manzanillo Centro, Jim warned me that the two lane highway would soon be turned into a one-way headed south. All northbound traffic would be detoured east, up into the curvey, arid mountain areas. Y-i-i-i-k-e-s, I'm thinkin'!!!! We visit 3-4 condos and one house, all nice but, I'm favoring a location less in the hub-bub of the city. As agreed, Jim drops me at Walmart (sorry, I will not shop there in the US but, I feel more secure shopping there for my Gringo needs) where I get fruit, yogurt, and breakfast makings. Hurriedly I zip out to catch my cab to travel back north to Club Santiago. But alas, the two way highway is NOW one way south, and my cabby turns up, up, up into the mountains. Zing, zip, whirl - around corners as we pass other cars!! I'm hanging on to my bananas, praying for safe delivery back to my condo. Laughing at my silly fears, he drops me at my door (and my bananas ARE unbruised)!







I take a lil' break down to the pool and hot Mexico sun (purrrr), grab a lil' lunch and call Jim to pick me up for the remainder of the tour. This time we are headed north, away from the busy city hub.


First, we go to a place known as "Casa de Animalias", a home known for the owner who used to have a collection of animals on site - but - I'm renaming it "The Castle"! There are two houses on site, one the "Castle" and another, a smaller "Mexican Casita". The big house is amazing, luxurious, spacious, elegant and beautiful, with 5 bdrooms. Jim suggests we could hire in a caterer for all meals, bring in a Mariachi Band for entertainment and never leave the grounds. I've just started to drool. We move on down on the property to see the "Mexican Casita" with it's 3 bdrooms and warm embrace. Notice the gorgeous floors! Also, available are 2 small private casitas for individuals.



Then, we traversed down to the gardens, swim up bar and swimming pool with a bridge - all to dream about. Honestly, it reminded me of the Hearst Castle! There also was a trail leading down to a secluded beach.


This beach is shared with the next potential retreat venue, Vida. There were 3 condos, some with 2 bdrooms, others with single bedrooms and a large windowed room where classes could be held. The grounds are soothing, rolling and offer peaceful views of surrounding areas while removed from the bustle of town. This venue felt like it had some possibilities too.




The tour came to an end around 3pm, just in time for my arrival back to the condo and greet two arrivals for my soon to happen retreat. Both my co-instructor, Damaris and one early participant, Dorian happen on the scene around 5:30pm. A bit frazzeled from the long plane flights (some beginning around 5am) and then, the taxi drive into Club Santiago.




We get everyone settled and gather momentum for dinner, just down the block, overlooking the beach at the Oasis Restaurant. There's lots of lively music and chatter from the beach activity around us and we chose a table quietly centered on the deck. Conversation is low key and my friends segway into a more relaxed mode. The view and company is relaxed yet anticipatory. Inside, I feel an excitement. A momentum of the exciting coming days of the Retreat is churning, even at this leisurely perspective.


We all turn in early, anxious to see what tomorrow brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment