Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Fellow Traveler Viewpoint

Apologies for my absence ... I had a huge commission to complete and have recently started up with a new gallery. All things which devoured my attention so, finally I can turn back to our exciting retreat and the plans (and teases) for those of you planning on joining me!

Recently, one of my fellow travelers on our most recent trip to Manzanillo sent me a sweet review of his experience trekking around with me. Mike is the smiley fellow on the left of this photo (with his lady and Roland, my hubby, and I on the right). Pictured here as we dine - yes, at one of the restaurants to which I plan taking my retreat participants - and laugh at this hilarious antics of our server, who so freely volunteered to shoot this photo of us.

Here's Mikes commentary, in part, that most touched me.
There were many reasons which made our visit to Club Santiago memorable, fun and educational. Each day we mixed up activities which inspired our sensibilities, our spirits and our friendship. One pervasive theme to our visit was Elaine's art work. On each of our jaunts she would carry her journal and art supplies to capture local scenes and memories. I would sit alongside and marvel at her skill and artistry.

While each of us of had a digital camera to snap photos, her artistic vision and patience evoked a more focused and sensual capturing of the scenes, colors and textures of our environment.

I learned a great deal from watching, listening and questioning her unique perspective, skill and understanding of lighting, angles and focus.

While I will not be able to attend this spring retreat, you SHOULD! Club Santiago offers respite to the harsh winter (late spring) weather. The people, sights and sounds are inspiring, especially so, when in the good care and company of Elaine.

I'm trusting Mike's words and experience (yes, that is him, the cartoon character holding up the large bamboo!) can give you a window into the potential of seeing this vibrant, colorful and diverse retreat through an artists eyes. Those memories and emotions YOU can capture in your journal, not to mention the sharing that will go on between some mighty wonderful women. I've already spoken to several of you potential participants and you will be enamored and thrilled at what's in store for all of us. I look forward to sharing a whole new dimension with you all.

P.S. I DID receive confirmation on the condominium just across the street for participants lodging and am figuring out the sliding scale for the 3 different ranges of rooms and the varying amounts contingent upon the number of participants staying at the condo. I've inquired with the condo owner for more exact descriptions of the rooms and will be posting prices within the next few days.